CEO Honour Role: Wilfred Brown
Former CEO of Glacier Metals, a heavy manufacturing firm
& long-time user of requisite concepts
Application of RO in Mining and Heavy manufacturing
A special page featuring the application of Requisite Organization to design
and manage in Mining and Heavy Manufacturing organizations
You will need to register if you have not already done so and to login in order to be able to view videos or to download materials.
Who we are: our differences and what we hold in common
By Ken Shepard
Focusing more on values as a way of defining
negative temperament in human capability
By Herb Koplowitz
Writing for Managers
By David Creelman
La aplicación de la OR en minería y manufactura pesada
By Harald Solaas
Please do comment on the blogs if you find them provocative.
However you will need to logged into your account in order to be able
to comment on the blogs, download the reviews, or to view videos.
Warren Kinston announces new website
THEE: the Taxonomy of Human Elements in Endeavour
Warren Kinston was recruited by Elliott Jaques to join BIOSS, was introduced
to the levels of work complexity and went on to use levels concepts to develop a values taxonomy that promises to be useful in diagnosis and implementation
of requisite concepts
Report: GO Society Summit, October 22-25, 2010 in Toronto
at the BMO Institute for Learning
- The GO Board and 25 of the Society's most senior practitioners met to explore the state of our field and to set priorities for future work.
- Michelle Carter, Jan Ake Karlsson and Paul Juniper were elected to the Board. Thanks to Jack Fallow and Judy Hobrough for long years of board service. They now move to the GO Advisory Council.
- Next GO World Conference is planned for Canada in late 2012 (either in Toronto or Calgary).
- GO University will include face-to-face clinics, on-line learning, and mentoring -- with strong commitment by most senior practitioners to staff professional development programs
- Increased focus on the manager's needs in the context of ever changing external environments
- Recruitment of younger practitioners
- Building active global networks for manager practitioners, academics and consultants
- Support for practitioner writing for publication
- Building private project collaborative work areas on the GO site for those signing Participation Agreements.
Follow the Society on Twitter
Click here to create your own free Twitter account.
Then choose to follow the "gosociety"
Or go directly to http://twitter.com/gosociety
Please forward this email (...or just links to featured items) to your organization-design-interested colleagues
If you no longer wish to receive emails from the GO Society about its new resources or upcoming events, you may opt out by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.
Toward an integrated theory of designing and managing organizations
based on the concepts of levels of work, levels of human capability,
accountability and other concepts by Wilfred Brown and Elliott Jaques.