We have been busy these last few months designing our new society web site.
It's a Beta version and we should have Stage I complete and debugged in a couple of weeks.
Take a look and let me know what you think by November 30th.
What to expect from Stage I?
All the old material from our current site has been moved over and some new material has been added.
New features include:
- Search capability
- Integrated data base - connecting affiliate accounts (required for all downloads) on-line store, conference and workshop registration, discussion forums, mailing list management system and survey tools. Affiliates can update their own contact information, photos, and bios subject to editorial review.
- Tools such as - blogs, photo gallery and backroom for board work and other governance activities,
- Modular design allows rapid and efficient changes in design, menus and content
- Built in HTML editors mean volunteers like you and me will be able to make changes ourselves in parts of the site we maintain.
- Flash video - for better compatibility with computers world-wide
- Capability to switch between English, Spanish & Portuguese pages.
- Google analytics - to count page visits and all downloads
Any and all comments will be helpful on:
- Typographical errors
- Ideas for improvements next time.
Your comments best by November 30th, but we will keep making improvements and welcome anytime.
Then we'll be working on Stage II through April 30th - much more functionality and special features including member only collaborative projects and on-line learning modules.