- Basic concepts of requisite organization-based organization design and management
- How to apply these concepts in case studies
- How senior executives have applied these concepts in a variety of organizations to implement their strategies or to address priority issues.
- A year’s access to the Society’s Learning Management System (LMS) and subscription-only learning resources.
- Guided reading and viewing
- E-learning modules on requisite organization concepts*
- On-line learning forum with Senior Fellows
- Three-day face-to-face learning environment:
- Two-day hands-on workshop focused on skilled use and application.
- One-day executive conference with general managers discussing their major projects - with frequent huddles in learning group with Senior Fellow tutors.
- Structured program to pair learners at the general management level with senior practitioners in five hours of Distance Tutoring (with the option to continue tutoring at GO Society rates)
- Distance or on-site project support by senior practitioners at negotiated rates (optional)
- Invitation to become a Society affiliated organization design practitioner upon successful completion of the program and recommendation by a distance tutor who has supervised your introduction of these concepts into your work or consulting practice.
* Note: E-learning modules were contributed to the Society's professional development program by Novus International.
- Global Organization Design professional development offers a science-based, systems approach to designing and managing organizations where all elements are integrated and aligned. This is in contrast to other trainings which often include weakly supported assertions of high level principles, eclectic assemblies of fragments or which are limited to participatory processes rather than to design itself.
- It may be the world’s only public professional development program in accountability and levels-based organization design and management.
- It’s supported by a global professional association (not-for-profit) with values of generosity and sharing rather than by a for-profit company offering proprietary materials.
- It’s linked to an on-line Learning Management System - complete with organized learning modules, e-learning, teleconference, and on-line forums using reference materials donated by the society’s individual and corporate affiliates.
- It’s staffed and supported by the Global Organization Design Society’s most senior practitioners who contribute their time as part of their citizenship commitment to the Society and the development of the field.
- It supports pairing participants with senior practitioners for distance tutoring and project support as resources allow.
- CEOs of small and medium sized businesses who want an effective short course in designing and managing their growing organizations. These methods have been highly valued by VISTAGE, TEC groups and other CEO learning groups.
- General managers with accountability for implementing strategy.
- VPsHR who need to build strategic capability in their own function and then throughout the organization. They will learn to improve the design and staffing of their own function and to manage the careers of high mode HR professionals.
- Directors with accountability for implementing strategy or who support general managers in their organization design work.
- Hi - potentials will gain in-depth understanding of complex organization dynamics and how to succeed in special project assignments and to better manage their rapidly developing careers.
- Senior management consultants who want a powerful short course in organization design and management and to align themselves with a global network of senior organization design practitioners to collaborate on major projects.
- Academics in organizational studies who wish to include these concepts in their teaching, research and consulting.
Preparation for Calgary EventsPurpose: To introduce Global Organization Design and its values, provide an overview of the program, provide grounding in the foundational concepts, meet the facilitators and other participants, share introductory questions and issues on line, and to set personal learning objectives for the program.
- Register for the professional development program
- Watch a short on-line video introducing the approach and program.
- Study recommended articles and videos
- Complete the e-learning modules
- Participate in on-line Forum for sharing questions / insights and discussion.
- Complete an on-line survey about your work context, issues, questions, and personal learning objectives.
- Participate in one or more teleconferences with the workshop leaders
Calgary Events - (Three days)
Purpose:To deepen your understanding of foundational concepts and their application, to build personal relationships with Senior Fellows and others in the learning community, and to participate in a senior executive discussion of applying requisite concepts to address priority issues in major organizations.
The workshop design assumes that you have completed the Novus e-learning modules and submitted your notes before you arrive and begins with practice in application. Those who arrive without the required preparation will be assigned to a separate track to cover the basic concepts before rejoining the workshop and Symposium.
Monday, November 12th
6:30 pm Reception, dinner and gathering in. The less experienced meeting the more experienced.
- Your learning goals, forming learning groups, learning additional features in the GO Society Learning Management System.
Tuesday, November 13th
- Clarification of concepts from the e-learning modules
- Current (extant) organization analysis (in the context of the case study)
- Assessing grouping of work
- Assessing cross-boundary issues
Wednesday, November 14th
- Developing requisite design propositions
- Fit to role application and practice—assessing information processing capability
- Talent Pool Management
- Putting it on the ground—implementation and barrier management
- Back-home planning - Orientation to on-line learning resources including being matched with a distance tutor
Thursday, November 15th, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Attend Global Organization Design: Getting It Done - Organizing for Results to hear senior executives describe their use of this approach and discuss implementation issues and benefits. Seated with your learning group and assigned distance tutor you’ll have frequent opportunities to link the conceptual learning with executive experience.
Post-Calgary - Continuing Your Learning
Purpose:To support your continued learning in your areas of interest supported on-line by the Society’s Senior Fellows and others in the learning community and the Society’s extensive resource library.
- Participants at the general management level will complete five hours of teleconference “distance tutoring” with Senior Fellow practitioners.
- Complete additional hours of distance tutoring as desired at Society rates.
- Continue reading, reading, and discussing-on-line Society web site materials related to your learning goals.
- Engage a Society shadow consultant on a project that will apply Global Organization Design concepts in your organization or client organization. (if appropriate to your needs)
- Upon successful program completion and recommendation of your distance tutor, consider accepting an invitation to sign a Society Participation Agreement to become an affiliated practitioner -- an Associate of the Society.
Herb Koplowitz, Ph.D.
Dr. Koplowitz in a founding member and Senior Fellow of the Global Organization Design Society and has played a lead role in designing and delivering the Society’s professional development programs in accountability and levels-based organization design.
With 25 years of experience in consultancy, Azucena has worked with leading companies managing more than 150 transformation projects in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Perú, Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala and Panama.
Azucena was a member of Wilson Learning Corporation’ leading board and represented the firm in Latin America during 14 years.
Paul Tremlett, MSc. in organization behaviour
Paul is a founding member and Senior Fellow of the Global Organization Design Society participating fully in all aspects of its programming.
Ron Capelle, Ph.D., CMC, CPsych, CHRP
Dr. Capelle is a founding member and Senior Fellow of the Global Organization Design Society. He is President & CEO of Capelle Associates Inc.
- Single registration $2095
- Three or four participants from your company - $1795 each
- Five and above participants from your company - $1596 each
- Those who have signed participation agreements with the Society should call Ken Shepard at 317-644-0472 and he will tell you the fee and invoice you directly.
- One-year subscription to the GO Society Learning Management System with e-learning
- Residential workshop fees and materials for three days - Nov 12th to 15th, 2015
- Reception and dinner, Nov. 12th; All, Breakfasts, Lunches, and Breaks, Wine and cheese, Nov. 15th
- On-line teleconferences with the Society's Senior Fellows
- On-line learning forums - moderated by the Society's Senior Fellows.
- For participants at the general management level -- five-hours of individual distance tutoring - by teleconference with a Society Senior Fellow.
Optional post conference side trip to Banff and Lake Louise - $545.00 all taxes and fees included
Download Brochure: Post conference tour November 15 – 16, 2012
Register here for the full professional development program including both the Executive Symposium November 12-15, 2012 plus the year-long on-line learning resources.
Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel
Our event hotel, the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel has given us a special group rate of approximately $209 plus taxes. This preferred rate is on a first-come, first served basis and may not be available after October 16th. You may need to make a separate reservation if you wish to stay Sunday November 11th or Friday, November 16th at a lower special holiday or other rate offered by the hotel on those dates. If you are going on the Banff side trip you will not need a Marriott reservation on Thursday, Nov 15th but will probably need a Marrriott room Friday, November 16th which may be available at $109 plus tax.
Call Marriott reservations at +1 (800) 896-6878 or click here to make your own arrangements on line.