George Weber has served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, one of four stand alone specialized mental health facilities in Ontario, since October 2007, after having served over 26 years as a Chief Executive Officer of a number of National (e.g. Canadian Red Cross and Canadian Dental Association) and International Organizations, including the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (i.e. International Federation) in Geneva, Switzerland.
He is currently serving or has served on a number of not-for-profit and for-profit Boards of Directors in Canada and Switzerland and is a certified corporate director (i.e. ICD.D) and a certified association executive (i.e. CAE).
He has been awarded a number of national and foreign honours and recognitions and has published several leadership and management books and publications
Organization transformations based on Requisite Organization concepts
Contribution to the Global Organization Design Society
Board Member, Treasurer and Secretary 2005 - 2016
Participated and presented at several GO Society World Conferences
Degrees and certifications
- B.Ed. - (P.E.) - McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- MA - McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- AMP - The Advanced Management Program - Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration, Massachusetts, United States
- CAE - Certified Association Executive
- International Program for Board Members from the Institute of Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland
- The Directors course sponsored by the Institute of Corporate Directors and the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- ICD.D Institute of Corporate Directors
President & CEO, Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
Former CEO, Canadian Dental Association
Former CEO, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies