Terra Firma Management Consulting
Herb Koplowitz, PhD, is President of Terra Firma Management Consulting.
Terra Firma helps organizations develop the structure, staffing and leadership they require to build trust and reach their strategic goals.
Herb specializes in helping employees, managers and executives learn ways of talking and thinking about organizational issues that help them find more effective solutions to their problems.
His consulting has been grounded in Global Organization Design concepts since 1990.
Unique background in the RO community
- His academic focus on
- Human development especially Piaget's developmental theories which provided foundation for studying Jaques's stages of cognitive development throughout life
- Kuhn's work on the structure of scientific paradigms which provided perspective at understanding the impact of Jaques's revolutionary concepts on the field of management.
- Philosophy that provided background and perspective for working with Jaques's scientific method, his rigourous use of univocal definitions, and describing the levels of knowing related to Jaques's thinking
- His love and talent for clear thinking and clear writing
Contribution to the Requisite Organization Field
- His collegial discussions with Elliott Jaques
Contribution to the Global Organization Design Society
- Founding member
- Presenting and moderating at GO Society World Conferences
- Designing and leading professional development workshops from 2003 to 2014
- Authoring the GO Society's website frequently asked questions
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +1 (416) 809-1686
Linkedin url: https://www.linkedin.com/in/herb-koplowitz-5682571/
Degrees and certifications
- BA - Mathematics and Philosophy - Cornell University, New York, United States
- PhD - Psychology - University of Massachusetts, United States
- Registered Psychologist - Ontario, Canada